Greetings my dears, the bathroom can not be neglected when decorating ones home, as such, we will be making a crochet pumpkin scrubby. Ideally you’ll make more than one, but the journey of a thousand grannies begins with a single square and scrubbies are no different.
I decided on a pumpkin shapes because one can never have too many pumpkin in your home this time of the year. As it turns out, it’s also a perfect shape to fit in your hand… Or at least it did in mine.
- Orange cotton yarn
- I used Crafter’s secret cotton in the color Papaya (it’s the perfect pumpkin orange in my opinion)
- (optional) Brown or green yarn
- I used Premier Just Cotton in the color Earth
- Size I/5.5 mm hook
- Yarn or tapestry needle
- Mc = Magic circle
- Hdc = Half double crochet
- Ch = chain
- st = stitch
- dc = Double crochet
- slst = slip stitch
Crochet Pumpkin Scrubby pattern
I’m using a locking mc for the start of this pattern, if you don’t know how to or need a refresher on how to do that, this is my tutorial for it. How To: Make A Magic Circle Crochet Tutorial (Or An Alternative) any of the options in this post will work.
Round 1. In a locking Mc, ch 2, make 14 Hdcs, slst to the first Hdc, ignore the ch 2, to join the round. <14>
Round 2. Ch 1, put a sc in the same st, make a Hdc in the next, put 2 dcs in each of the next 4 sts, make 1 hdc in the next st, put a sc in the next st,
Round 2 continued. make a Hdc in the next st, put 2 dcs in each of the next 4 sts, make a Hdc in the last st, slst to the first sc to join.
Snip your yarn and tie off your tail, then weave in the ends.
(Optional stem) Using brown or green yarn, attach the yarn to the top sc, ch 1, put a sc in that same st, ch 1, turn, put a sc in the previous sc you just made. tie off and weave the end in.
ways to use this scrubby and pattern
This is a super simple pattern that you can easily make a bunch of! Here are a few examples of what you can do with these, once you’ve made them.
You can fill a small jar with them to keep in the bathroom. I used this awesome little jar with spider webs on the top that I got from the dollar store.
The white pumpkins are made with cotton scrubby yarn from Hobby Lobby. The scrubby yarn is slightly more difficult to work with.
You can easily turn this into a spooky gift for someone that loves pumpkins!
You can use doubled up cotton yarn or scrubby yarn with a 6 mm of 6.5 hook to make it bigger. That makes it so you can use it as a dish scrubby.
I made up some labels that you can use to put on to your jar for Pumpkin Scrubbies. Just print out the page, cut them out, and glue them onto the jar.
Note: If you want to make these for craft fairs or online shops you may use them, but please link back to this post and give me credit as the designer.
Want more Halloween patterns?
- 1st Day Of Halloween: Make A Crochet Eyeball
- 2nd Day Of Halloween: Crochet Apple Pattern
- 3rd Day Of Halloween: Crochet Pumpkin Scrubby
- 4th Day Of Halloween: Crochet Spider Web Garland Pattern
- 5th Day Of Halloween: Spooky Crochet Striped Scarf Pattern
- 6th Day Of Halloween: Small Crochet Witch’s Hat Pattern
- 7th Day Of Halloween: Upcycled Bottle Ring Crochet Pumpkin Ornament Pattern
- 8th Day Of Halloween: Crochet Skull Motif
- 9th Day Of Halloween: Crochet Ghost Light Pattern
- 11th Day Of Halloween: Crochet Halloween Candy
I hope you found this article helpful! If it is, please show your support by liking this post and following my blog, so you’re alerted when ever I make a new one. You can also sign up for The Crocheting Owl Monthly Newsletter for free patterns, updates, yarny bonuses and more!
Subscribe to our newsletter!